To support Ngati Whakaue students who have been selected to compete in a National Tournament in a School team.
To further develop the educational and sporting development opportunities for Ngati Whakaue students.
To encourage education and health of young Maori through participation in Sport.
Applications are OPEN
Application can ONLY be made using the ONLINE form
Applications must be submitted within a reasonable timeframe prior to the event.
- The applicant has been selected to represent their School in a National sporting event, or has been selected as Teacher/Staff support traveller.
(Travelling support whanau are not eligible to apply for a grant).
Each applicant must upload a letter of support from the School, clearly confirming the following:
- Details of the Event
- Evidence of their selection to participate in the National sports event, or evidence of appointment as Teacher/Staff support traveller, whichever is applicable.
- Evidence of total costs required (for the applicant to participate in the event).
- Applicants (including legally adopted children) must Whakapapa to either an original owner of Pukeroa Oruawhata or, to one the 6 Koromatua o Ngati Whakaue. Whangai will be considered in terms of the Board’s Whakapapa Policy (2015) Number 0611.
Verification of whakapapa is essential for consideration of a grant. You will be required to upload your verified whakapapa sheet (see below).
Grants may be up to the value of $250. The ONLINE application form will remain open all year, and it is expected that applicants submit their form in ample time prior to the Event.
The Board will endeavour to process and advise of outcome within 1 week. Applicants will be notified by email.
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Ensure you have saved digital copies of the following (you cannot submit your application without uploading these documents):
- Your Verified Whakapapa Sheet Blank Whakapapa Sheet Download Link
- Bank Account Details (must show full bank account and name of bank account holder [applicant/parent] )
- Support Letter from School confirming details of the event, your selection, and the costs.
CLICK on the link below to commence your Online application form: