PROJECT GRANTS 2019
Applications are now open for 2019 Project Grants.
(click here to view advertisement )
CLOSING DATE: 4.00pm Friday 21st September 2018
Application must be made using the online form - see link below.
Current project holders please use your existing login details.
|The Board has a long term commitment to addressing under-achievement in the general areas of literacy and numeracy. Ideally for long term benefit, the thrust of support needs to be targeted at the junior levels of schooling.
Applications will be considered from schools and educational institutions in:
- the Rotorua Education district and
- the Township of Maketu.
Grants are NOT available to individuals
Priority will be given to schools and educational institutions that have established:
- relevant literacy and numberacy skills programmes
- effective learning programmes that suceed in significantly raising achievement levels of learners
- significant numbers of Ngati Whakaue students to be targeted (.e.g. schools with low decile ratings and/or large proportion of Maori).
Applications open once a year, in mid-August and close in September, 1 week prior to the end of the school term 3. Dates will be advertised in the local newspaper.
Application can only be made using the online form once open.
- Successful applicants cannot be guaranteed ongoing funding for subsequent years.
- Applications for currently funded projects may be considered for continuation, but compelling evidence of success will be required.
- The awariding of any grant is entirely at the discretion of the Board. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Applications will clearly show the level of financial input which the organisation is prepared to provide towards meeting its share of the overall cost of the project.
- Grants are paid in two instalments. The first payment is made early in the new school year; the second (after 6 months) only if the project receives a satisfactory formal appraisal carried out by the Board (or their appointed appraisers).
- Online reporting. Two milestone reports will be required to be submitted to the Board online. These will include budget details and pre and post testing data. Milestone reports should reflect the development of project goals and key expected outcomes.
- The Board respect the confidential nature of all data furnished. Data may be used for statistical/research purposes.
|Milestone Reports: (login below using your existing details)|
|For existing project grants, milestone reports are due on 30 June and 30 November. The report can only be made using the online form. This form will be available through our website (Grants & Scholarships) and will open one month before the report is due (i.e. 1 June and 1 November).
You will be required to provide pre & post testing results with your report.
|(note: for Milestone reports, existing project holders ONLY - you must use your existing school login)|
For further information please contact the Secretary's office.
|APPLICATIONS FOR 2019 PROJECT GRANTS are now OPEN|
|Closing date: Friday 21 September 2018 at 4.00pm|
You must use your school's existing login - (one ID per school) Please contact Support for assistance if required.
** supporting documents for project applications (2 complete sets including cover sheet please):